Listen on: Soundcloud | Itunes | Spotify
Veterinarian, bodybuilder, and social media sensation, Dr. Greg Echols, joins Dr. Moriah McCauley for this week’s episode of That Vet Life Podcast.
Dr. Greg gained his Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine from Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine in 2020 after completing his Bachelor’s in Lab Animal Science from North Carolina A&T State University in Greensboro, NC in 2014.
When it comes to a diverse work experience, Dr. Echol’s, never shied away from an industry change. From hip-hop instructor to a gym front desk it’s safe to say that Greg had his fair share of interesting jobs before choosing to follow his pathway to veterinary medicine!
Now working as a full-time veterinarian, Dr. Greg is using his social media platform to create fun content aimed at both veterinarians and clients.
In this episode, Dr. Moriah asks Dr. Greg about his mentorship story as part of our series ‘The Making of a Mentor’, and how this has influenced him to become a mentor himself.
Outline of this episode:
- [01:10] The episode begins with Dr. Moriah welcoming Dr. Echols to the podcast and asking him if he really is as outgoing as his social media portrays him.
- [03:36] Who was Greg ten years ago?
- [06:25] Moriah and Greg discuss who they are outside of veterinary medicine and how these outside people skills help to get into veterinary school.
- [07:59] Greg talks about a guidance counselor who helped steer his decision to go to veterinary school.
- [11:06] Moriah asks Greg about Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine.
- [12:20] Greg and Moriah talk about ‘Vimcast’
- [13:11] Dr. Greg talks about his journey applying for veterinary school and his journey being waitlisted, and the interview process.
- [18:10] Ad break – join our Thrive community
- [19:15] The episode resumes with Dr. Moriah asking Dr. Greg about who mentored him whilst at veterinary school.
- [25:10] How to find a ‘life mentor’?
- [27:10] Dr. Moriah and Dr. Greg discuss finding a mentor and being a mentee – how setting expectations with your mentors can help them guide you.
- [31:01] How has Greg’s own mentorship shaped him into the mentor he is to others today?
- [32:40] What is the biggest thing Greg has learned since being a mentor?
- [35:14] Where can we find Greg on social media?
To listen to the extended version of this podcast, join Thrive.
Connect with Dr. Greg: