Listen on: Soundcloud | Itunes | Spotify
We have a Q&A special in this week’s episode of That Vet Life Podcast! Where host, Dr. Moriah McCauley, answers your questions sent in from Instagram.
For those of you who don’t know our host, Dr. Moriah graduated from the University of Edinburgh, Royal (dick) School of Veterinary Studies in 2020, after gaining her Bachelor of Science in 2016.
Since graduating, Dr. Moriah has been been working at a small animal practice alongside hosting weekly interviews on That Vet Life Podcast.
In this episode, Dr. Morah answers questions such as ‘how to study for the NAVLE, and how to negotiate salary’. Tune in to hear her answers.
Want to ask a question for next time? Drop her a message here.
That Vet Life Podcast · Ep 121: A Q&A with Dr. Moriah McCauley
Outline of this episode:
- [01:20] Dr. Moriah quicks of the episode by answering the first question from her Instagram stories ‘What is my favorite thing about general practice?’
- [04:33] How to negotiate a salary as a new grad?
- [06:15] Dr. Moriah answers the question: ‘how to handle animals and reduce fear in them?’ – Mo recommends Fear Free.
- [08:13] How do you prepare for rotations?
- [10:57] What do you wish you would have done more of or differently in your clinical years, what skills do you wish you have focussed on more, and what would you have done differently?
- [17:21] Ad break – join our Thrive community.
- [18:21] The episode resumes with Mo answering the question: How to study for The North American Veterinary LicensingExamination (NAVLE)?
- [22:51] Surviving your first year in veterinary school.
- [26:00] Dr. Moriah wraps up the episode and directs everyone to her Instagram Q&A post which has more questions and answers.
Connect with Dr. Moriah: