Listen on: Soundcloud | Itunes | Spotify
In today’s episode of That Vet Life Podcast, host Dr. Moriah McCauley is joined with Dr. Lauren Smith.
Dr. Lauren Smith graduated from Penn State University in 2004 where she gained her bachelor’s in Animal Sciences. She then went on to gain her Doctor of veterinary medicine from Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine in 2008.
Since graduating, Lauren has been working as a small animal veterinarian in New York, alongside writing veterinary content as a freelance writer and creating ‘The Vetitude’.
Using ‘The Vetitude’, Lauren creates content aimed to help veterinary professionals have a happier more sustainable career.
In this episode, Dr. Lauren outlines the steps needed to deal with difficult clients. Tune in to learn her top tips today!
Outline of this episode:
- [1:10] The podcast beings and the two veterinarians outline the episode.
- [3:59] What are the main spheres of difficult clients?
- [8:27] Dealing with difficult clients as a new graduate.
- [15:05] What do vets need to do before addressing an angry client?
- [20:59] What to do before leaving the consulting room to ensure you get the best outcome for the pet and family?
- [24:57] A quick word from our sponsor…
- [25:59] The episode continues by looking into what steps are needed to handle particularly angry clients.
- [30:25] Firing clients – ‘cancel culture’.
- [37:30] Dr. Moriah summarises the episode and Dr. Lauren summarises the steps to handle conflict with clients.
- [41:02] Mo thanks Dr. Lauren for being on the show and asks Lauren to share one bit of advice for students/new grads.
- [42:30] The episode comes to an end.